You’re Invited to the
ONA Benefit Concert!
December 14th at 7pm
Community of Christ Church
2523 Amherst Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Please join Bell Book and Canto, and special guests: Hen Pecked Dawgs, for a holiday concert sure to delight every member of your family! We’ll be performing songs of the season, as well as traditional non-holiday music, and, well, lots of stuff in between!
In lieu of a cover charge, please bring non-perishable goods to help stock their food pantry.
Monetary donations to the ONA will also be accepted.
Oakwood Neighborhood Plan 2019
Who We Are
The Oakwood Neighborhood Association is organized to:
- Provide a beautiful, safe, friendly, vital neighborhood and to improve the quality of life of its residents.
- Represent and further the interests and needs of Oakwood and its residents.
- Promote leadership, responsibility and civic interest among its members.
- Sponsor events and programs designed to improve the quality of life for the residents of the Oakwood neighborhood.
What We Do
- The Oakwood Neighborhood Association provides many services including:
- Provide information on community resources,support networking,and assist in referral for various needs.
- Publish and distribute our neighborhood newsletter,The Oakwood Times.
- Improve the overall appearance of the neighborhood with programs such as Adopt-A-Park,Building Blocks of Kalamazoo,Fall &Spring Into The Streets,Oakwood MemorialPark and Springmont James McDivit Tot Lot.
- Plan community social events and holiday theme parties.
- Organize activities for youth,family and seniors.
- Offer after school tutoring and computer IT help drop in.
- Access to a free library and food bank assistance.
Get Involved with ONA
Anyone who has walked through the doors of Oakwood Neighborhood Association and felt the warm welcome of those inside will attest that the organization would not be where it is today without the generous love, support, and contributions of its many volunteers. We are always looking for flexible, proactive, energetic, and compassionate people to become a part of the ONA family.
There are numerous ways to get involved with Oakwood Neighborhood Association. From assisting in the office, to helping out a holiday party to writing grants or becoming a member of our Board of Directors, we will work to help you find a perfect match!
If you are interested in volunteering stop in anytime to talk to our Executive Director Cheryl Lord. You can also email her at email@example.com.
Volunteering your time is one of the most valuable contributions you can make to your community. Volunteering benefits everyday life, with opportunities available right in our own neighborhood:
- Serve as a Board Member
- Participate on Committees / Neighborhood Watch
- Adopt-A-Park / Annual Park Cleanup
- Join Special Work Projects
- Contribute to the Neighborhood Newsletter, The Oakwood Times
- Organize Neighborhood Holiday Parties
- Support Youth & Senior Activities
- Assist in Fund Raising/Food Bank
- Volunteer for Computer Tutors
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Cheryl at the center at 269-342-0129.